WEST HENNEPIN PUBLIC
West Hennepin Public Safety Mission is to protect and serve the citizens of Maple Plain and Independence in a professional and compassionate manner. These core values shall serve as a foundation and form the basis of all functions of West Hennepin Public Safety as we fulfill our mission:
Honor Courage Common Sense Respect & Dignity Loyalty Fairness Trust
Welcome to the West Hennepin Public Safety Department Website.
If this is an emergency-please call 9-1-1.
Maple Plain's winter parking ordinance is in effect from November 1, - April 1. No parking is allowed on public streets between the hours of 1 a.m. to 7 a.m.
If an emergency arises that would require you to park on the street between these hours, call our office at (763) 479-0500 and get our permission so that you do not receive a citation.
Tornado Warnings & Watches
Be prepared to weather the storm with these life saving tips.
West Hennepin Public Safety Employment Opportunities
West Hennepin Public Safety Department is a joint power police department that serves the two communities of Maple Plain and Independence in western Hennepin County. Our police department is committed to public service with Honor, Courage, Common Sense, Respect & Dignity, Loyalty, Fairness and Trust serving as the foundation to the core values of our organization. Current salary range: $44,784 to $72,865 depending on qualifications. Lateral entries are encouraged to apply and will be negotiated upon a conditional job offer.
Applicants must be licensed or eligible to be licensed by January 31, 2016. Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, general preliminary application, notice concerning application data, and supplement for application. If you are unable to download these forms at www.westhennepin.com , an application packet can be requested by calling (763) 479-0500 or by e-mailing Lynda Franklin at email@example.com. Completed applications submitted by mail or courier must be postmarked by Monday, November 30, 2015. Completed applications dropped off in person must be received at West Hennepin Public Safety Department by 4:00 p.m. on this same date. Faxed and/or emailed applications will not be accepted.
Crime Prevention Signs
West Hennepin Public Safety thanks the Cities of Maple Plain and Independence for their cooperation in installing the Crime Prevention signs throughout the two cities. Keep your eyes open for the new signs posted at local parks and trail parking areas.
Crime Prevention Tip from West Hennepin Public Safety
Here are some tips on how to protect your vehicle and valuables:
1. Don’t leave valuables in your car. Even small items such as loose change can be tempting to a thief.
2. If you must leave valuables in your car, lock them in the trunk before reaching your destination.
3. Lock your car doors and close your windows.
4. Never leave your car running unattended.
5. Don’t hide keys in your vehicle.
6. Park in a garage or a well-lit area.
7. Consider installing a car alarm or an anti-theft device such as a steering wheel bar lock, an engine disabler switch, etc.
8. If you have an after-market stereo, take it with you when you leave the car.
9. Be aware of identification theft if items stolen contain personal information.
10. Keep an updated record of all valuables in your car.
Contact your crime prevention specialist for additional prevention information. Call 763-479-0500